Sunday, May 17, 2009

Texas Style Chili



How many of us stick with the same old school ground beef chili we were raised on? Although I would take a bowl of this homemade chili from my mom's kitchen any day. Let's face it, no matter how good we are in the kitchen NOTHING compares to a dish that brings you back to your childhood.
This chili comes from Bon Appetit October 2008 issue and I'm providing the link for the full recipe. The recipe calls for Beef brisket, but I used beef stew meat. I did not cook it in the oven as directed in the original recipe, but simmered it on the stove for 2 1/2 hours before adding the butternut squash. I used Corona for the beer portion of the recipe because that's what I had in the house. I am sure something like Negra Modelo would add much more flavor!
Eat this over rice or simply by itself.... yum yum!

Any suggestions to another vegetable you think would be equally delicious?

Texas Style Beef Chili Recipe

No comments: