So Thursday I decided I was going to make short ribs braised and simmered in red wine and lots of vegetables and herbs. I was so excited since I've never made short ribs before. Well, my bf's daughter had an awards ceremony we were going to attend. I turned the ribs off and left them on the stove since we weren't going to be out for long. WRONG!
After the ceremony we went out to a Korean restaurant to eat and have some drinks, the ex, her sister in law, the kids and the bf's co-worker all came along. The food was delicious and in fact this weekend I am trying my hand at Korean style beef, homemade kimchi and mochiko chicken. I'll let you know how it all turns out!
The ex left and took the kids with her and so did the co-worker and his daughter. The trio was left together to share drinks... drinks... AND more! By the time we left the second bar I was far gone! We came home and I guess I decided to turn the ribs back on to feed the bf, since he did not eat while we were out. I took the mashed potatoes I made earlier in the day out of the fridge, started heating everything up and made my way to the bedroom where I PASSED OUT! When I woke I went to the kitchen and saw that I had left the ribs on and the bf woke up at 2 am and turned them off.
I just have to give myself SOME credit because I added the finishing touches to the pot which were cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate, and rosemary! Even as completely obliterated as I was. The ribs WERE BURNED TO THE POT and I left the potatoes out, which is was not a great moment! Boy oh boy all that drinking really kicked my ass! Well, I just had to take a picture so here it is!