Wednesday, July 8, 2009

White Bean Dip


I have not been around to post the past two weeks. With 4 kids around, a friend here on vacation and computer problems in between... it's been a bit difficult.

The other day I made this White Bean Dip from Giada De Laurentis. I have her cookbooks and wanted to try something out. It was delicious. I served it at room temperature. It was much better once it sat for twenty minutes or so. The flavors came together. I used store bought pita chips. Since I didn't have the oregano on the chips, I added a sprinkle to the dip.
White Bean Dip:

1 can cannellini beans (aka white kidney beans), drained
1 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped
2 T lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/3 cup good quality olive oil
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t oregano
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Spoon into a serving dish and serve with pita chips.
The picture is from Food Network, since I did not have my camera with me when I made the dip last minute.

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I'm having some impromptu company tonight and may try this. Looks yummy. Think Id be preparing rather than playing on this damn computer laptop.

Anonymous said...

Cannellini beans are my favorites...so creamy!

Spryte said...

YUM! That sounds delish! I'll have to remember it for my next party!

Erin said...

Oh, this looks very tasty. I've been wanting to make some pita bread lately, so this will be a perfect dip. Yum yum!